Castor Oil Pack
You may print and download the instructions by clicking this link:
Castor Oil Pack Instructions
How to Use a Castor Oil Pack
How Does it Work?
The flannel saturated with premier quality castor oil is theorized to induce a high frequency resonant effect which allows the castor oil to deeply penetrate cells, helping to trigger a release of internal waste products.
This resonant effect can penetrate even into the “no man’s land” between the GAG’s (glycosaminoglycans) and the lymphatic system where waste products may otherwise remain for a lifetime. Premier Castor Oil packs help create a profound shift toward quantum resonance.
- Premier Castor Oil (8 oz.) – Premier Quality from India.
- Premier Cotton Flannel – 1 sheet of organic cotton flannel (natural beige); no toxic bleaches, pesticides or chemicals.
- Plastic Sheet – a plastic sheet (such as a garbage bag), plus a bath towel and a few safety pins or large elastic bandage.
- Heating Pad - (for dry, not moist heat) such as the EarthWrappe (with genuine granite discs and infrared heat therapy) to gently heat the castor oil pack while it is in place on the body.
Instructions for Use
- Prepare 3 layers of cotton flannel. Cut the cloth into one 6” x 8” sheet (approximately) to cover an average size target. The packs can be smaller or slightly larger (up to 12” x 10”).
- Cut a plastic sheet. Cut a plastic sheet so it is somewhat larger than the flannel cloth. The plastic is used to protect the heating pad from getting oily. Using a plastic garbage bag normally works fairly well, but it is best to avoid using plastic grocery bags, since they usually have ink printed on one side, which can dissolve and spread when exposed to castor oil.
- Saturate cloth with castor oil. Place the flannel cloth on top of the plastic sheet. Then saturate it with castor oil (about 1 tablespoon). The cloth should be wet but not dripping. The saturated cloth should then be placed directly on the skin with the plastic sheet on top of it. Your plastic sheet should cover the entire exterior of the saturated flannel, since castor oil is likely to stain any fabric it touches.
- Place heating pad over plastic sheet. Then, place a heating pad over the top of the plastic sheet on either a low or medium setting, or higher if it is comfortable. The heat will promote absorption, increase circulation, and help the body to relax. This is generally left in place for approximately 30-60 minutes (up to 1 ½ hours). You may place a bath towel over the top of the heating pad to help hold in heat and elastic bandage to hold in in place.
- Gallbladder-ND – Take ½ teaspoon in ¼ cup water immediately after using a castor oil pack. This helps to gently cleanse acidic secretions that may be released after a castor oil pack.
- Wash off area. After using the castor oil pack, cleanse the skin using a washcloth and a small amount of Premier Liquid Soap. Washing the area helps clear acidic waste products which may have been released.
Castor oil pack without heat.
An alternative method is to apply the castor oil pack without heat, using a towel wrapped around the body (with safety pins to hold it in place). This can be left on for several hours, overnight, or for an entire 24-hour period.
Do not reuse the same castor oil pack.
Do not reuse a castor oil pack because, during the course of a session, the pack gradually absorbs waste products. Therefore, after each use, please discard the pack. It is not recommended to try to wash out the pack for reuse.
Frequency of castor oil packs.
In general, the castor oil packs are used 2-4 times per week, for 30-60 minutes (up to 1 ½ hours) per session, for 3-6 weeks or longer. At first, it may work better to skip a day in between the use of each pack, rather than using them on consecutive days.
If you are a sensitive person, you may want to use the packs on alternating days for the first week or so, and for smaller amounts of time (such as 15-30 minutes only per session). Later, the packs may be used more frequently and/or for longer periods of time (for 1 – 1 ½ hours per session).
The use of castor oil packs is typically gentle without side effects. Cleansing reactions, such as a rash, are rare. If they occur, please temporarily stop or decrease the frequency or length of time of using the packs.
To thoroughly support the body during the time that you are using castor oil packs, we also recommend taking the Super Nutrient Trio (three key nutrition products for comprehensive support) and Detox-ND (1/2 tsp. in ¼ cup water daily).
Caution: Heat should not be used in conditions where it is normally contraindicated, such as appendicitis, diabetic neuropathy or over the abdomen during pregnancy. However the castor oil pack may be used without heat in these cases.
Lifetime Use: Castor oil packs are one of those rare self-help procedures that cannot be used too much. Many people choose to continue to use castor oil packs periodically throughout their lives.